AutoSync Best Practices
- AutoSync should be set to run every 120 Minutes.
- While we give the flexibility to sync as often as every 15 minutes, a large batch may not complete prior to the next sync. If this happens, your following batches will fail. If the following batches continue to fail, AutoSync may disconnect.
- 120 minutes will give you enough time to correct any errors prior to the next sync cycle.
- Test your settings for a few sync cycles to ensure your data is batching over to QuickBooks Online they way you want it. Once you have verified the data is batching over with your desired preference, Sync all pending invoice, expenses, and inventory prior to enabling AutoSync.
- Avoid backdating a payment sync - AutoSync looks for the last modified date of the payments in QuickBooks Online.
- AutoSync will still find backdated payments and apply them to the appropriate invoice as long as it was modified after your last payment sync.
- We give you the ability to back date payment syncs. If you do decide you would like to backdate the sync, payments and credit memos will be removed and reapplied to the invoices modified within the specific date range.
- AutoSync may timeout given the volume of payments it's trying to sync. This may cause issues with reapplying payments.
- If you do need to manually batch over invoices before your next AutoSync. Please review your batch status to ensure all batches have been completed prior to starting a new batch. Creating a manual batch with AutoSync enabled may result in a batch error. This is usually caused by AutoSync starting a batch before the previous batch has finished or the manual batch was started before AutoSync had finished. If you are unsure if a batch is in progress, Check your batch status. If all statuses are green and AutoSync is not scheduled to start soon, then it is safe to start a new batch.
- To check if AutoSync is going to start, review your sync schedule under the AutoSync tab. Then review you batch history. AutoSync batches are labeled "[companyname] AutoSyncModule BatchType". If this is scheduled to run every 120 minutes and was last ran 105 minute ago, you will want to wait until AutoSync completes prior to manually batching. If AutoSync completed in the last 15 - 60 minutes, then it's safe to push through a manual batch.
How to Enable AutoSync - Video Walk Through
Auto Payment Sync
To run an Auto Sync Payment batch, you will need to enable auto-sync for your Mobius account.
- Navigate in Mobius to Setup QuickBooks Online and select your company
- Select the AutoSync Module Tab
- Select Enabled, select a Sync time to set how often payments will sync, and select Sync Payments.
- Select Save
Manual Payment Sync
To run a manual payment sync, you will need to navigate in Mobius to Run New Batch>>Run Payment Sync and select the starting date